Thanks Audrey at like crazy!
This is my first award, and quite frankly, now my favorite. Sometimes when you’re writing about a passionate subject such as love, it is very easy for those around you to criticize. While I’ve experienced many successes writing for A Hot Cup of Love, I also know that such an opinionated topic will sometimes bring opinionated comments that don’t always align with my observations. It is for this reason that awards like this from Audrey really brighten my day.
For those who don’t know, Audrey is just your typical nineteen year old college girl with a passion for reading and a thirst for adventure. You can find her blog at like crazy. She’s short in stature, and loves Italian food and bacon. [which is pretty much everything I look for in a girl]. Check out her refreshing posts about the happenings in her life, and her bucket list, which I’m totally stealing the idea for this site. [Thanks!]
The rules for the Liebster Award are very simple. Thank the person who nominated you, answer the 11 question they have asked you, nominate 11 other people and ask them 11 questions in return.
Here are my answers to the eleven questions:
1) What is your favorite number? I absolutely love the number 18. It happens to be my birth date and also a number I used to wear on my jersey when I played sports. I feel like everything good happens to me on the 18th.
2) Do you play an instrument? I have played guitar for years, and spent a few years as a boner [trombone, why, what were you thinking?] and now I have been dying to teach myself how to play the drums.
3) Have you ever been in love? Yes, I have absolutely been in love. I think we all have in one way or another. I classify “love” as being willing to give your entire life up for someone without asking for anything in return. I feel I have felt and acted on this accordingly.
4) Do you believe in love at first sight? I would say I believe in infatuation at first sight. While physical attraction is certainly a major part of love, I don’t believe you truly begin to love someone until you know them on the inside as well. Love takes time, there’s no doubt about it.
5) Are you a chocolate or vanilla person? While I love to eat all things chocolate, I’m a sucker for vanilla scents and vanilla Coke. So, I’m both? Can I be both?
6) What is the number one item on your bucket list? It used to be to travel the world but as I get older I think that finding love and having a family far exceeds my yern for world domination. I think I’m just ready to settle down.
7) If you could change your name, would you? With a name like Sabatino? Who would want to change that?! I’m super proud of my name as I am named after my grandfather, Sabatino DiSanto. He has since passed away, but his memories live with me daily.
8) What is your favorite book? I always answer this the same way, though I’ll admit I’ve read a thousand books since then, Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut really inspired me to start writing in the first place. While I’ll admit our styles are completely different, I was just so taken by his sentence structure and word play. He’s probably the most influential writer to me.
9) What concert did you last attend? Wow. This is going way back because I don’t get out much anymore, but the last one was Blink 182 and Saves The Day opening for Green Day. Yeah, I know. That was like 800 years ago.
10) Why is blogging important to you? Blogging for me is an outlet for all my emotions- especially A Hot Cup of Love, which originally started because I had all these romantic feelings and no one to share them with. I just got so tired of seeing the way men treat women these days, so I started writing, and the support I’ve gotten from the people who read my blog has been amazing. Clearly, I’m not alone on this one. Hi, I’m Sabatino, and I’m a cheesy romantic love addict. Please don’t tell my friends.
11) What’s your favorite year been up until now? While 2012 was a pretty crazy year, the year I spent in South Africa during the World Cup was pretty life-altering. I mean, how many people can say they were an Executive Chef for a beach resort in South Africa during the World Cup?? I feel like it was such a defining moment in my life- accomplishing so many dreams and goals all at once.
I read a lot of blogs through my day, but these are the ones I’ve nominated because I’m really drawn to their work. There are so many inspiring people out there!
1) Mancakes – the blog….syrup on the side. haha Refreshing and entertaining.
2) Secret Willpower - for being motivating and goal-driven
3) Post-it Happiness – Quick blurbs that keep me positive.
4) Three Daily Delights – For always making me look at everything a little differently and making me grateful.
5) The Grief Diaries – For reminding me that I’m not alone.
6) Everyday Thoughts – For being one of my biggest supporters
7) Uneditedmara – For sticking by my side over the past seven years, even when I ran. A true friend.
8) LJS @ This Is Me – For being one of my first repeat readers, thanks for the motivation!
9) dinomommy – A woman who wear many hats.
10) John P. Gavin – Writing books and taking names. An inspiration to me.
11) How Sweet It Is – Giving me guidance, and solid advice in the kitchen and on the Internet. There would be no Hot Cup of Love without her. Much love.
My questions for you!
1) If you were an animal, what would you be?
2) If you could only eat one thing every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
3) What was your motivation to start blogging?
4) What was the most romantic thing someone has ever done for you?
5) If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go and why?
6) Where do you see yourself in five years?
7) How many years before you consider yourself an “adult”?
8) What was the last song you were singing?
9) If you could resurrect any politician from the dead, who would it be?
10) What toppings do you put on your pizza?
11) Do you believe in true love?